ME!

SHANNON !
13/07/92 and 23
Ex-rosythian, ex-sky, ex-srjcian, NSmen, FASS!
ILOVEMYLIFE!
theGeography
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
October 2012
December 2012
March 2013
April 2013
May 2013
July 2013
August 2013
December 2013
January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
April 2014
May 2014
June 2014
July 2014
August 2014
September 2014
October 2014
November 2014
May 2015
June 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015


theCredits
Designer - LiTtL3 aH mA
Softwares - Photoshop/Dreamweaver
Hoster - Photobucket


 
Oweek 2015
Monday, August 10, 2015; ( 11:02 PM )


Oweek 2015 - Avatar, Revolution
3rd August - 8th August 2015

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel" - Maya Angelou.
Here's Oweek 2015, a camp that redefined what camp meant to me. A camp that made me feel that extra in an ordinary. Here's everything that happened, from deciding whether to do Oweek again, to pre-camp and lastly to the camp itself.

During the entire period of arts camp, me and Frances were very sure that we did not want to do Oweek. I mean we are definitely too old to be sleeping on the floor, hoboing around with our bags and all. Moreover, being through so many camps, we fully know how Oweek will turn out to be. It's an orientation camp, not arts camp! So things will definitely be more tone, more mundane and ultimately harder to hype the mood. When the time came to choose the last house I/C, we couldn't come to a decision. We could have put 2 new people to do house I/C but the chances of screwing up Oweek would be very high. It's not that there were not good (in fact they were damn good), it's just that we felt that it's safer to put someone who has experience. Initially, we wanted to put all 12 of us as house I/Cs HAHAHA. Everybody will be so mindblown as to who is the T house I/Cs. It's like everyday they will ask, oh so who is the house I/C of the day? That's actually pretty cool. LOL. But ultimately due to time and work constrains, me and hou sheng ended up doing House I/Cs for Oweek. So yeah, there we have it. I had to do it again!? I cannot count how many seniors came to tell me "Eh, ting shuo ni semula ah?" "Eh, zai lai yi ci ah?". I cringe everytime someone tells me that HAHAHA. But a part of me felt sian to do it again yet another part of me wanted to make up for the mistakes I made during Arts Camp. The journey of Oweek 2015 began.

The same struggles came to me before I decided to accept the post of househead for Oweek 2015. One of the reasons why it was so hard for me to make the decision was that Amanda was leaving after Oweek and I really wanted to spend Oweek with her, and all the other crazy seniors together. I also felt that perhaps if I were to go back T2, things would have drastically change. After much consideration, I took up House I/C. Honestly, my main focus when I took up househead for Oweek 2015 was beach day tug-o-war & that will come later in this post. Today, I want to say that I've not regretted being househead for Oweek 2015. So here goes nothing!


Presenting my other house I/C - Hou Sheng
So I barely know hs actually? We kinda know each other from Arts camp when he was an OGL while me and Frances were the househeads. Throughout the entire Arts camp, his OG was the one OG me and Frances were never afraid of. They knew what to do, their team was strong and capable. They know the direction that they are suppose to face and they were damn good in their admin. This time round, I kinda expect and know what to do alr and having an intern househead means HEH I CAN ABUSE HIM HAHAHA. So he kinda tanked the admin and the financial stuff which was damn intense but I honestly think you did a damn good job man! Our work relationship can be described as freestyle. We somehow are able to complement each other when we are infront of the house, leading cheers and knowing what's on each other's mind. Like Frances, we had one of the best working relationship together. Our slipper swap is a good indication of that. We swapped our slippers and forgot to switch them back until school started! I've truly been blessed to have him alongside me during Oweek 2015.


Oweek 2015 OGLs!
Just like Arts 2015, a photoshoot was paramount to introduce the OGLs to the house. Somehow or rather there were alot of discussion in the chat as to what theme we should have etc which I find something very refreshing. I never liked making such decisions so when there is a collective opinion, I really appreciate it! Here's a shoutout to all the seniors and councillors who did Oweek 2015. I know it's damn hard on you considering you all already know Oweek is, so I really respect yall for stepping up to the position of OGLs and AOGLs and leading the OG. Thank you so much. You guys have also been my pillar of support throughout the camp. I know that you guys will have my backs when things goes south. So thank you so much. Back to photoshoot! Freshies were here this time round and the usual serious talk with the OGLs had to start/begin. All the what to do in camp and what to expect etc. I felt that this time round was especially necessary considering that there are freshies involved. There's something strange in Oweek 2015 when we were discussing the house intro. The amount of laughter and random crazy ideas we had at tembu lounge was amazing. The best part is everything came true during the intro, AND WE OWNED IT.


Oweek 2015 House I/Cs
There is always this anticipation on who is going to be the next house I/Cs for the various houses and how will they lead/change their house to suit their goals/identity. Here is a picture of us before our house I/C intro posing for a shot and rehearsing our combined intro. I honestly wasn't a fan of it because I knew that it was ganna fail. We tried that during arts camp and it was a horrible way to start the camp. Then again, if everyone wants to do it, we may as well just go ahead with it. Househeads play an important role when it comes to camp. People look at you for a direction and look up to you. I had this feeling back in arts 2015, but for oweek 2015, I got used to it and I figured the best way to put on a good show, is to be me, to be Shannon.


Tecktonik v2 at Pre-camp
Pre-camp has always been a time for people to bond with each other. For OGs to get to know other OGs and it's especially important for the OGLs because they can practice how to lead their OG like for real and all. It's also a good time for the House I/Cs to be on the ground and get to know everyone of the councillors and OGLs so much better! Pre-camp during Oweek 2015 wasn't so anxious or scary for me. The reason is partly due to the fact that most of them are freshies whom I've alr know or have met me during Arts camp. It feels good that I dun have anything to prove cause the respect has alr been given. So I was free-er to do anything I wanted. Yeah I may get judged and all but all those judgement has alr been done during Arts camp so in a way I feel really free? I really enjoyed my pre-camp this time round during Oweek. Tug o War was especially good considering I just need to teach how to pull and dun need to do the moving of left and right. It felt good, it felt right. I was looking forward to pre-camp quite alot actually. That feeling of being right back leading the house and cheering. I feel free, enjoying my life & creating memories. I will never forget dunking jeslyn, amanda and phoebe in the sea. Damn they didn't even put on any resistance but it was damn funny cause I tried something different. Pre-camp also saw the tents being set up! Figured that it was damn hot and we (okay actually me) needed some shade HAHAHA. There wasn't as many seniors that came back during pre-camp. But it's okay because it forces me to be even outside from my comfort zone.


Meet the Freshies
Never be afraid to try something new because life gets boring when you stay within the limits of what you already know. Oweek 2015 saw a different kind of meet the freshies, one that was rather different from that of arts camp. It is always a good sight to see my new OGLs stepping up to be at the front of the house, learning to be confident and not be afraid. MTF saw freshies stepping up to be OGLs, which meant that the fear is real, considering that they haven even started school and their peers judging them is sometimes, quite daunting. Nonetheless, I'm extremely proud of everyone of them for stepping up and being brave infront of the freshies, their batch people, seniors & laolaos. MTF this time saw us doing our good old sampan, eenie meenie as well as the thrust cheer. Through this summer, I've come to really like eenie meenie. That cheer may seem super old school but when T house does it together, it's a deafening cheer which sends chills up your spine. Cheers growing old teaches us new things, one that comes with layers of nostalgia & feelings. 


Nothing without them
My pillar of strengths in times of need, my friends that matter the most to me. People who gave me the courage to roar when I'm timid, who gives me a heavy push when I'm stuck, who are the quiet voices that tells me it's going to be okay. Thank you for standing by my side when times are hard, for buying me supper even though you're tired, for making me laugh when I dun even want to smile, for driving me around as I lie dead & sleepy in the car. You guys took time off to come back for Oweek despite knowing the pain involve & that's the most thoughtful gift of all that I can ever receive. You guys may never know, but thank you for touching my life in ways you never know. My life do not lie in discomfort because of friends like you & I am nothing without you all, so thank you and thank you and the rest are mute.


Oweek Day 1 (House Intro)
You know sometimes, all you need is a minute of insane courage, just a minute of crazy embarrassing bravery, and something extremely wonderful will happen. House I/C intro has always been of the highlights during arts camp and oweek. This being the last camp, I really wanted to do something epic, to leave a legacy behind, where at least for the next few generations to come, people will remember and talk about this legendary house introduction that was attempted. We decided to freaking crowdsurf down the lecture theatre. No way am I going to rehearse a dance like crazy, or shoot some long video. We just need 1 epic idea after another and the crowd goes wild. I remember the reservations that we have, whether we will fall while going down the theatre but we just need a moment of courage, a push and friends beside you whom you know will be there to catch you when you're falling. Despite all the fun (all the pulling down of my shorts and tickling me), I am extremely grateful to every single one of them who put in the effort to aid us in crowdsurfing down. It demonstrates something more than fun. It has shown how T house will always support each other. We may be strangers at the start. But as long as we are wearing green, we are friends. We smile, we curse, we laugh, we bask in the enjoyment together. I dunno how many pictures and snapchats were being taken, my friends told me all the other houses were just looking at us with smiles on their faces. I think as househeads, we made it and this was a successful one. We initially didn't think of how the other freshies from other houses will feel, so we decided that we needed more epic ideas to impress the whole Oweek! As such, every og had to perform something. T1 wore onesies and danced, T2 wore bikinis and threw their bikinis to the crowd, T3 did their T house is the best!, T4 wore diapers on their heads, T5 showed cool we were. Then here comes the next highlight of our intro, which brought a roaring cheer that echoed throughout the entire theatre. We drove a motorcycle through the LT! Omg, just thinking of it now sends chills down my spine. Feelings that comes back are feelings that have never gone away. Looking back at the pictures, I see EVERYONE shocked, everyone cheering, the clapping, the laughter. T house successfully managed to create a 1 arts spirit.
This is how T house lives, this is what T house leaves behind.


Oweek Day 1 (Labrador Park)
If you have crazy friends, you have everything. Introducing the seniors who came back for Oweek 2015. These bunch of people gelled T2 together, making us into a family. There were many people who were supposed to came back but just couldn't. Nonetheless, seeing old faces among the crowd is amazing. These are the periods in our lives where we can just go crazy doing whatever we want. I miss those carefree times. Times like these I never want to forget, times like I'll never regret.


Oweek Day 2 (Wet & Dirty Games)
How do we continue our epic ideas when we have already crowdsurf and broke a motorcycle in we asked ourselves. Then we thought, OMG LET'S WEAR ONESIE AND TAKE OUR WATERGUNS TO SPRAY PEOPLE!! And that's what we did. Upon knowing that there was a cheer competition coming up, we thought, sian but it's quite boring if we just go in and cheer. Then Gina said, why not you all just wear the onesie and do the cheer? And that's what we did. However, wearing the onesie was suddenly too normal for us, so how do we impress the crowd? Then we said, we just be the latest, wait for ocomm to ask where we are, then we come in with a bang. And that's what we did. Who the heck wears onesie to do a cheer?! Omg it was so funny crazy when everyone saw us. Even the OGLs didn't know that we were going to do this. We literally surprised everyone in the crowd. And we won the cheer competition which was erm, ok can. LOL


Oweek Day 3 (Beach Day)
Dejavu is the mind's way of saying you're in the right place at the right time. It's a reminder of the beautiful things that once happened, a radio rewind to where everything felt right. It's dejavu all over again at beach day introduction. Those 4 cheers that we did where we quake towards the sea as a T house family, where we sampan as a T house family, where we t(h)rust as a T house family, where we run as a T house family. I totally died during the station games, had a splitting headache so I went to rest with Phoebe and Ojj and ended up talking alot with them. I started to get back into things at mass games. I remember clearly there was this obstacle course that we suppose to play. When the mass games started, half my house din even know it has started LOL WTF. And when the mass games ended, I thought to myself eh how come T house suddenly so small. Then I realised there was a T house group in the sea and another T house group on the land. So we were split half-half and the rest of the houses alr finished. I thought to myself, it's time for T house to shine HAHHAA. So I got the house on land to quake into the sea, while those in the sea quake towards the land. When we meet with each other, I remember shouting, T house, who the heck cares about the mass games. Let's show the other houses how we do a sampan. We do a 1x good sampan and we go for tug o war! And then came the loudest sampan I've ever heard in my entire camp experience. With the splashes of water thrown around as if they were dancing in the wind, the voices echoing throughout the beach, that euphoria feeling that tingles through our skin. We dun need to win, we just need to have fun.
This is our beach day, our T house.


Oweek 2015 (Beach Day)
The new generation of T-dunkers which will always remain the most awesome. Although I pretty much died cause I'm just so tired and had a headache during beach day, I heard that you guys went around dunking almost everybody. You're damn zai, you guys are a new legacy!



Oweek Day 3 (Beach Day)
Wow, I dun even know how to start typing this paragraph. I remember when me and hs first talked about the camp. There was one thing that we always emphasised and told the OGLs, that we want to make everybody cry during tug o war. That we are going to attempt to win, to cheer the loudest that we can & not give up. This beach day, we won. WE FREAKING WON OMG AFTER 4-5 YEARS WE FINALLY WON! I teared when we won. I drank so much ppg, so much alcohol just to keep my voice in check, to cheer and get the House to cheer together. I remember the stuff we say "If they dun stop pulling, you dun stop cheering" "T house it is damn shag to pull the rope, all I need you to do is to cheer, to keep cheering because we are a family, and no one leaves family behind". I remember there was this point in time where all the houses stood quiet & only T house was cheering. I'll never forget that immense pride and joy that I feel at that point in time. I remember seeing Jolene started tearing up and that got everyone emotional. When we won, all I could think of was hugging everybody, everybody that mattered to me. I remember when the whistle blew and the ocommer pointed to us, that scream we gave off, that YESSS WE'VE DONE IT. The picture above does not do justice to whatever we have experienced. It's joyous, that magical feeling, and it's just a great feeling to be part of it all the time. This paragraph I've type is rather incoherent but it screams FUCK YES. Nobody will ever understand why I've teared and I've stop trying to tell people how it feels. That's how magical it is. And everytime I think about that time, that moment, I can't help but smile to myself.
We've finally done it T house, I am so proud to call you all my T house family.


Oweek Day 6 (Big Box)
So I skipped the past 2 days of oweek cause I couldn't be around. But here's the last day I'm there with my other house oversleeping so I took the first round of stuff. Hahaha, nothing much during the last day except that we won the most upz and thankful house + champions of beach day which was honestly, OVER-WIN ALR WHAT ARE WE DOING. Nonetheless, we took it and sang the sampan song proudly. As I re-watched the sampan song, so much nostalgia overwhelms me. Yet I know everything is ganna fall back into a beautiful memory only to be kept at the back of my mind.


Oweek 2015 - The winning team
Thank you my ogls. Aqid, for bringing the ukulele and wanting to play for the entire house on the last day, Tan En, for being the cheerful and crazy girl, Joshua, for all the hearty laughter and stepping up to be ogl, Gary, for going through all the stress and coming out stronger, Ivan, for being crazy and hyping up the OG, Shu Ying, for agreeing to do oweek again with us, Tan Yang, for taking notes and trying your utmost best, Wei Jian, for being the hype in T3, Daine, for feeling old together with me, Natalie, for always giving me the seductive eyes, Jolene, for being the silent but powerhouse behind the og, Shi Kai, for an excellent job managing his OG, Lee Ting, for being always drunk and crazy, Zi Jing, for pulling tug o war and bringing home the win. We may not know each other for long, but we brought home the win from beach day, we struggled and stayed throughout the entire oweek. For that, I'm so damn freaking proud of all of yall.


Green are our hearts
Tied are our blood
Oweek 2015
Tecktonik
T house



Live ;D