ME!

SHANNON !
13/07/92 and 23
Ex-rosythian, ex-sky, ex-srjcian, NSmen, FASS!
ILOVEMYLIFE!
theGeography
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
October 2012
December 2012
March 2013
April 2013
May 2013
July 2013
August 2013
December 2013
January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
April 2014
May 2014
June 2014
July 2014
August 2014
September 2014
October 2014
November 2014
May 2015
June 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015


theCredits
Designer - LiTtL3 aH mA
Softwares - Photoshop/Dreamweaver
Hoster - Photobucket


 
Bittersweet
Wednesday, July 9, 2014; ( 10:04 PM )

Warning: A very long post ahead.

Today is a rest day for me. A rest day ever since summer has started. When I say rest here, I really mean doing nothing and there is absolutely nothing for me to do. So I'll just spend the day doing what I want. I thought I would enjoy this feeling of having nothing to do, of being able to nua the whole day away and just staring into blank space. Moreover, it rained this morning, which totally added to the whole atmosphere of nua-ing.
But I was wrong.
This feeling is liberating for sure and yet it was suffocating to a large extent.

Now that I'm done with Arts Camp (Something I really look forward to) & Econs Camp (Something I planned so much for), I feel restless and bored at home. You see, when summer started, there was both Arts and Econs camp for me to look forward to! When Arts camp ended, it was only a week to Econs camp so I'm also quite hyped up for it, spending most of my time finalising and planning everything. But now that both camps are over; & I did not join O-week cause I wanted other people to have the experience and most importantly cause idw to sleep around in school, there's this empty void in my heart. Dun misunderstand me. This empty void does not come because I'm not meeting my dearest/friends. More like it stems from having nothing I look forward to in NUS that keeps me rarring to go. It's a different feeling from looking forward to meet my dearest or have a long catch up with my friends. And yes though this void is liberating; it is even more suffocating. It's so bittersweet now that everything is over and given a chance I would surely and most definitely repeat everything again.

I'm ganna blog about my individual camps now.

Let's start with Arts camp. When Daniel posted in the chat that he needed someone to pass on the OGL and needing a team, I remember clearly that I was in a lecture when that happened. Even before he asked in the chat, I've told many people I wanted to be an OGL for Arts 14 and many people also supported the idea of me being OGL. That gave me confidence and made me certain that yes I would do it. So I immediately replied Daniel on whatsapp that I would take over him as OGL and that sparked everything. I know that T2 was exclusive and there many things negative about T2 and it's ganna be hard for me to get everything together. I had problems finding my AOGL & it took me about 3 weeks to finally convince my AOGL (whom I'm so proud of and would never ask for another) Jeslyn to help me for Arts camp. We then needed a team of councillors too and my ideal team did not happen! Instead what I had was really a whole bunch of random yet somewhat close to me helping me out for Arts'14. I was kinda surprised but it was all good. Then there was the TOGGYSTYLE chat and the photoshoot and so much more. So many awkward situations & with the other OGLs knowing each other alr it's not particularly helpful for me too. But as the days got nearer and with pre-camp I think we've brought T2 out of the exclusive status. I initially dreaded pre-camp but ended up going for all 3 days. Surprise surprise. And the reason? Acceptance. It feels good to be accepted and even more so to be respected. I remember day 1 canopy tour where I was the OGL for pre-camp. In my OG there were people so much more experienced than me and used to be an OGL. It was kinda clear they wanted me to practice. But so thankful that I managed to get the respect of all of them and so much support from each and everyone of them. That made me look forward to Arts'14 even more.
Pre-camp ended and the whatsapp group chat started with over a thousand whatsapp everyday. Its so insane that my battery died within 2 hours and I usually spend the nights from 10.30-12mn spamming and reading messages. So much so that arthur's phone died. Cheryl kept complaining. Jeslyn muted the chat. Elisa barely talked cause she can't keep up. Bryan was appearing once in a while. Vera overseas so she's safe. Such lovely councillors I have but so funny at the same time. I guess I got to thank the freshies even more because they kept the chat alive. I always tell people hey wow, the freshies are talking again. This is simply amazing we were not even like that when we were freshies! And so that got me EVEN more excited for Art's14.
When the camp started, everything went by in a flash. So many cheers, so much shouting and late night supper. Partying and HTHT with my very lovely councillors, talking about our freshies, playing games and doing crazy stuff just to get useless piece of paper. Slutting it out every single day. Thinking about it, it was so fast, insane. Crazy. Amazing. Spectacular. We even teared during beach day after Tug O War though the intended effect was way off but it was still good enough. The camp was truly an amazing one. And the outings that followed were even better. There was never a dull moment.
Ya'know - we actually teared. And this part of the Arts 14 is actually why I wanted to come back as OGL. If there was something I've learnt last year being a freshie, it was that my seniors will always tell me that T2 is a family. I didn't know what it meant when I was a freshie; I mean like how can an OG be a family right? Until beach day came, and o-week beach day came and I knew what was a family. We teared and if you were to ask us why we had absolutely no idea. It's that rush of emotions all of a sudden and the pride you feel for a simple game of Tug O War. It's so amazing and free. I always tell my freshies Welcome to the T2 family, and in a family, no one gets left behind. You're not forgotten and if you ever need some place to hide, come back here cause here, you'll feel safe and relaxed especially when you reminisced about the fun and crazy times we have. That's my 2014 Arts Camp - Once Upon A Time experience. I quote "If I were to join an internship, I would have fun there. If I were to come Arts'14 as an OGL, I would also have fun here". But now I know, as an OGL for Arts 14. The fun never ends. T2 - Huat ah!

Now for Econs camp - Econvergent

I always whine during the camp why we actually joined Ocomm when we are clearly materials that hyped up the camp. No way are we people that plans. We wanna be part of the fun and let the freshies have the time of their lives. But nonetheless we joined Ocomm and it was a decision that I have not regret even till now. I was in programs and everybody in programs is INSANE and AWESOME. Those 2 words came from the very bottom of my heart. It's like boom shakalaka kinda thing ya know. From all the meetings that we have that are normally quite intense and having alot of things to settle also. We each took on different roles and plan different activities. It was quite a sight actually and pretty fun too! We went down to help in the registration for freshmen and had small talks with them. We stayed overnight like for idk what reason and then went for beach day the next day?! After that we even watch GLIMPSE of x-men. Then we came back to school on a SUNDAY just to finish up our work. We had this insane pre-camp which was clearly so tiring and stuff. A full blown meeting after that to top the whole camp. Settled minor issues here and there. It was such a humbling experience working with everybody and such an insightful one. I was looking forward to the camp actually especially on the day itself. It was exciting and unexpectedly fun.
Day 0 was a good time for the Ocommers to know each other better. We sat in a room to do our logistics and rushed out so much stuff. Something amazing happened this econs camp. I will never forget how at every activity there was bound to have a screw up. Initiation night was what I was in charge of and it was crazy because of all the screwups that happenned. That's when I know that planning is really something else from executing! But it was crazy cause at 12mn we started singing K while dispatching everybody and it was an insane moment of K. Zi-highing outselve just to keep each other awake. IN ended at like 3am! And we slept for 2 hours before heading for beach day the next day! Omg that's some insane shit. And the weather wasnt beinge xcatly nice to use with the rain in the morning and in the afternoon. We could tell that everybody's spirits were down and we needed to bring their spirits all up again. But luckily the clouds cleared and we were all ready to go for beach day! Awesome much and it's really a good day! Amazing race the next day was no better when it again, RAINED and our HQ was dominated by people playing frissbee. So much last min amendments. But we felt truly free when everything is over. The smiles on our faces were the widest you have ever seen since we met each. Did I mention how amazing finale night ended with the whole econs camp going virtually crazy and jumping and stuff was breathtaking. What I wanted to achieved was achieved. I wanted them to get all sentimental that Econs camp is ganna end and immediately after that wanted to jump and go crazy and shout (Something like a mini-club) and YES IT HAPPENED! #goodtime #titanium. You know you've succeeded when people who dk you walk up and says goodjob/thank you to you. This feeling is something I would never ever forget.
I've made so many new and random friends here and there. I got closer to my alr close friends. Econs camp showed me that Ocomm can be just as fun but with the right people. I remember at WCP when we were walking back we sang songs on the amplifier and people looked at us like what are these public nuisance people doing?! #qingfeideyi #wuding #tonedeafbutwhocares. That's my econs camp Econ-vergent 14. And next year, most probably we will go back as councillors and OGL/AOGL. Oh yeaaaaa cannot wait!

Those were the 2 major camps that I was invovled in. And like every camp. There are fun times but there are also things that I've sacrificed to make them a successful one. And one of the things was not meeting my dearest for 16 straight days and on the 17th day ended up eating dinner at her house with her family.

Thank you dearest for your understanding and patience towards me. Thanks for always being there for me I'm feeling down and needed someone to talk to. I know that I've ignored you quite abit with all my camps and I'm really trying to keep up the conversation with you too. We should have more dates than we actually have now and I'm really sorry for that. Nonetheless I'm really glad that I have you as my pillar of support. Times when I'm really tired I know that you'll always be there for me, to talk to me and take my mind off things for awhile. You're always there to update me about your life and telling me all the minor things that happens. I really read them & it somehow always slips my mind to reply those stuff. But know that everytime you update I am there reading it. Thanks so much for that unconditional love that you've showered over me the past summer because without that bundle of love, I would have suffocated a long time ago. Love ya to bits!



Live ;D