|
ME!
theGeography
theCredits
|
反射
Thursday, January 30, 2014; ( 11:33 PM )
The year of the Snake was a good one. I've experienced all sorts of emotions and gained experiences that are unique to each moment in my life. I can safely say that every month in the year of the Snake was an enriching one, each month teaching me new life lessons, cultivating my character and building up my confidence. This year especially, I feel that I've grown as a person and finally stepped out of my comfort zone to try out new things. I do not normally type such a post during Chinese New Year, but something tells me to do so this year. The year of the snake came in early February 2013. I've just ORD-ed back then awaiting my university admission. February 2013 was the month of Valentine's day too and on hindsight, I cannot express how lucky I am to have such a wonderful and understanding girlfriend by my side. February was also the time where I started my first working experience at Citibank being a credit control officer. Truth to be told I had second thoughts when finding a job. I guess my mother and my dearest gave me the push to actively look for a job. I guess luck really played a part here, considering how Kelly Services offered my a job at Citibank, one that is known by many globally. My temp work there lasted for a good 5 months, and these 5 months I've learned interpersonal skills, speaking up infront of everybody and conducting mini games on certain mornings. Work was really tough and I got better when talking to people on the phone. Sometimes their plight really gets to me and reminds me on how blessed I am to have a loving family by my side. I would rate my overall experience in Citi a 4/5 stars one. I can't emphasize how much I've learnt and grown in Citi and it really made me more confident of myself. March 2013 and April 2013 came by pretty fast since I was working then. Often have OT while mking some really great colleagues who are now my school mates in fass. These 2 months gave me a taste of how office work was like and now at this very moment, I got this strong feeling I wouldn't be behind a deskbound job in the future. I want to roam the streets, meet new people, enrich the lives and bring joy to people around. Laughter and smiles on people's faces knowing I've done something to excite that emotion in them gives me an euphoric feeling. May 2013 was the first time I went fine dining with my dearest to celebrate our 2nd year anniversary. We went to the 70th floor Equinox at Swissotel Stamford and we shared many things together on the 70th floor. Everything was great, we dressed up, sat by the window which gave us a panoramic view of Singapore and part of Malaysia. The food was great and the waitress was really nice. That evening was something magical and I'm glad i spent it with my dearest. June 2013 was an exciting month. We headed to Bangkok to shop till we drop and it was there I discovered my hidden talent of shopping! It was a rather impromptu trip because my mum was super efficient at booking such flights. It was also special because it was the first time me and dearest went overseas together! I need to go back there again, soon, LIKE REAL SOON. Other than Bangkok, I signed up for Arts Camp 2013 which lasted for 5 days. People say that arts camp is crazy, and I really agree. Everyday was tiring, shag yet there is still strength and cheering to keep ourselves alive. I was pretty quiet back then, but i thoroughly enjoyed myself. July 2013 was the month whereby the whatsapp group in my phone will ring continuously because of the arts camp group. I admit I felt awkward going out for their gatherings, which resulted in me only attending one of the outings and I only appeared for 2 hours. I disliked awkward moments and thus explaining my failure to appear at many gatherings. Though thinking back, it felt like an excuse. It was more like I didn't have the confidence to show my face around. Arts camp aside, it was time for the call to get councillors for Orientation camp 2013. I volunteered to be one of the councillors. I love being in such a position, I love camps and rar-rar-ing everybody together. I didn't appeared for many days in pre-camp I didn't know why. Somehow i feel that T2 O week councillors and all was not so bonded and resulted in me not coming. Looking back now, total excuse. I just didn't want to come and feel awkward all over. That aside, it was also my 21st birthday! No big party, in fact I had a very small one. Just with my family and dearest. Thank you parents and sister for looking after me and bringing me up. And to my dearest who was constantly there for me through my darkest times since Secondary school, always quietly supporting me from the back. I've never felt so blessed that day. I'm 21, I'm an adult. August 2013 the month of beginnings. O week 2013 was a blast and I enjoyed myself to the max. TO THE MAX. I lost my voice on the 2nd day and I think I'm a total position in different scenarios. Everybody was shocked at what I've become. I felt like myself during the camp. I felt that I existed and people acknowledged my existence. To sum it all up, O week 2013 was one of the best moments in the year of the Snake. School started and bidding was really something we had to learn. I made some friends in Arts camp and combining with my O week 2013, I found myself having 4 brothers in NUS, one of which was my bmt buddy, the other my citibank colleague, another who has a 6years girlfriend, and lastly one who we went home together most of the time. School work aside, there was also the NUS run which I completed with my dearest & overnight at NSRCC because it was Mavis's niece birthday and lastly Arts Bash. All of which I have fond memories off. All of which I learned more about myself and others. August was when I really feel how is it like - to live in the very moment. September 2013 was quiet month. Partly due to the schoolwork that has started and piling up because I was still in the playing mindset. It was Andy's 21st birthday during this month! Some crazy times with this group of friends. They were my friends since secondary school and this group of friends are people I would give up just to help them, to go the extra mile for them. Especially Andy, who is my friend for a whole 9 years. My best brother, someone I can really count on. September 2013 was also the first time I organize an outing for Teen Titans even though it kinda failed at the beginning but it turned out quite well! Thank you everybody who came down and support and met up. It was surely good to see all of them! October and November 2013 were months I spent in equilibrium. I've gotten closer to some of my uni friends. We studied together and laugh and played. Idk how long this will last, but at that moment I really felt happy. It really felt good! Exams come and go. Every sunday was spent with my dearest to study together. Sometimes we end up talking to each other, sometimes we hardcore study. Small times like these, the effort we put in to meet up every once a week is something that keeps our relationship going. Shorter duration but quality time. A pretty good deal if ya ask me. However, to ensure that studies was not everything, I joined Nike Human Race 2013 with FF! Well, it's an annual event where we run together every year since 2009 back in JC. I love races like these with friends I really treasure. I love talking to them about everything under the sun. There is no embarrassment between us and we say what we wanna say. I've learnt something through them. I've learnt that for people to open and trust you, is for you to do the same, and for you to do it with a bigger heart and be crazy. When people see how warm you are to them, they open up, and that's how real friendship bonds are formed. Crazy moments and a good laugh is the glue to tight friendship. December 2013 was a month I've spent more days overseas than in Singapore. First up was the Bintan trip I had with dearest. Love filled the air whenever we meet and have fun together. There's an indescribable comfortable feeling when we are together. It's not that kind of finding comfort kind, but that kind of comfort where even silence is a form of communication. I enjoyed those 3 days of staycation. We tried archery, rifle and all sorts of food and even spa! Best relaxation ever. Upon being back in Singapore, my next trip was the most wild and crazy one that I've ever done. And it's breathtaking just thinking about it again. We hiked, we slept on the train with only a small cabin, we kayak together, we had some crazy talking at night, we drink, we laughed we went crazy. This only formed the icing if one was to visualise in the form of an Ice Kachang. The desert was made better with exhilarating sceneries and the warmth that the villagers gave us when we were staying with them. They did not have much, but there was a certain kind of warmth given off, a certain kind of love that filled the air. They were happy even though they were devoid of technology. I smelt the fresh air the countryside brought to me, I walked the roads that the villagers take everyday. I felt like I've grown stronger as a person in Vietnam. I wouldn't mind going back again, to remember how it felt like to be free, how it felt like to live and live. January 2013 is a month I could never get used to. Holidays were coming to an end with the reminder of bidding for modules happening again. Probably through January, I would never forget the 4hours talk me, teo and martin had at wimblylu. We really talked about everything under the sun and deep topics that one would normally just keep it to ourselves. Behind every laughter was a certain uncertainty about ourselves. I felt like I've discovered myself a little more and with people that judge me but know that they themselves are like that too. Discovery in comfort. That's so much about the year of the Snake for me. Looking back it was really a great one. The year of the horse will promise even greater experiences for me. I can't wait! |