ME!

SHANNON !
13/07/92 and 23
Ex-rosythian, ex-sky, ex-srjcian, NSmen, FASS!
ILOVEMYLIFE!
theGeography
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
October 2012
December 2012
March 2013
April 2013
May 2013
July 2013
August 2013
December 2013
January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
April 2014
May 2014
June 2014
July 2014
August 2014
September 2014
October 2014
November 2014
May 2015
June 2015
August 2015
September 2015
October 2015


theCredits
Designer - LiTtL3 aH mA
Softwares - Photoshop/Dreamweaver
Hoster - Photobucket


 
Thursday, December 17, 2009; ( 11:16 AM )

I stared at my computer screen for half an hour, and i recieved an email from my father.
It was an essay.
That essay was so real, it tells the realities of life. A mother wishing all the best for her daughter. The title was "What the modern woman wants".
I thought it was a boring piece of essay, but i was wrong.
It was intriguing, fantastic.
They said "It was a powerful moving and ironical critique of modern restlessness and its potentially cruel consequences"
Best of all, it was written by a 15 year old.
Yes, a 15 year old, winner of the annual Commonwealth essay Competition.
I wish i could copy and paste it here for you all to read. But it's long.
Some other time maybe.

I stared at my computer screen for another long while, and i goggled "Inspirational Stories".
I like this one, it's short but eye-opening.


One day, the father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the express purpose of showing him how poor people live.

They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family.

On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, “How was the trip?”

“It was great, Dad.”

“Did you see how poor people live?” the father asked.

“Oh yeah,” said the son.

“So, tell me, what did you learn from the trip?” asked the father.

The son answered: “I saw that we have one dog and they had four.

"We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end.

"We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night.

"Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon.

“We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight.

“We have servants who serve us, but they serve others. We buy our food, but they grow theirs.

“We have walls around our property to protect us, they have friends to protect them.”

The boy’s father was speechless.

Then his son added, “Thanks Dad for showing me how poor we are.”


I woke up at 8+ today, with many thoughts in my head. Round and round it went. This month, lots of things happen, or rather, this holiday. So many things are going on around me, it's moving so fast that i'll be out of breath soon. I dun have a day left, to rejuvenate myself from the holidays. I'm running out of time and i dun have the stamina to pursue it anymore. Or rather, i'm just, exhausted.

I remembered going to beijing during one of my secondary school years. Entered this temple, whose prediction on the future was said to be extraordinary and very real. Well, it was real. I remembered vividly, what it said. "...your seniors will help you along the way...roundabouts in life..."
The former came true, and things before that too.
But i'm starting to doubt, the latter.

A great deal of my life so far, I've just been finding excuses or rather roundabouts. I could wriggled my way round problems, found alternatives, solutions which are irrational and painful decisions along the way. But this time round, there isn't any way.
I had to deal with it, head to head, face to face, squeezing every ounce of my brain juice. I know i'll regret if i tried to find alternatives, because there are no second chances this time round.
Time isn't waiting for me, not any more.

"Tuesdays with Morrie". I'll really love, to internalize happiness, sadness and all the other feelings. The power of internalizing feelings, knowing what to feel at the correct time. But, when it comes to the A levels, does internalizing fear, drives away the conscious or subconsciousness of not making it to the U?

I realize, i'm taking things for granted these days. It's time to do something about it. If god would grant me a wish now.
I will certainly hope to talk to a wise person whose thoughts are so matured, opinions so insightful, knowledge so deep and somehow, enlighten me, giving me hints and signs of what to do here on.

Zai jian.



Live ;D